M = Muslim, C= Christian/Catholic
1) M: Do you believe that Jesus is God or the son of God?
C: I don’t believe he is God, I actually believe he is the son of God.
2) M: Do you believe he is the literal (begotten) son of God?
C: Yes, I believe he is the begotten son of God and that God is the Father.
3) M: Did you know that this is actually the teaching of the Church and not the Bible?
C: How so?
4) Well the fact is, in the Bible, the term “Son of God” actually refers to a righteous person or a peacemaker. In fact, in the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 5, Verse 9 it states:
“Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God.” [Matthew 5:9]
In fact, Adam, Soloman, David, and many other Prophets are also called “Sons of God” in the Bible.
C: I never thought of it that way and I was always raised to believe that Jesus was the begotten son.
5) M: Let me ask you, if Almighty God was his father, do you think a father would watch his son die on a cross?
C: Logically, that doesn’t make sense I must say…but then how was Jesus born without a father?
6) The creation of Jesus was miraculous and similar to that of Adam. In fact, the Holy Qur’an states this:
“Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, “Be,” and he was.” [Qur’an 3:59]
C: Wow..that makes much more sense than what I was taught at Church.
7) M: Right. Therefore, Jesus was actually not God nor was he the son of God. He was a rightoues person, a peacemaker, and a Prophet of God.